Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Access Diagnostic Test UK Limited takes its CSR very seriously and believe it is important to give back and support our local community and our employees, as well as doing what we can to minimise our impact as a company, on the environment.
Our charity of the year for 2018 is The East Coast Hospice Appeal
• A Norfolk coast charity with the ambition to raise funds to build and run an adult hospice with 10 inpatient beds and also day services to support people in the community at home.
• The hospice will provide specialist end of life care and well being support free of charge, and will rely on the support of the community to do this.
• The cost of building and fitting out the hospice will be £5 million and the building programme will take around 18 months.
• The charity has already made great progress by purchasing 7.54 acres of land and securing planning permission. The land is fenced and the ground works are in place.
• The next stage is to raise £2.5 million. Once they have this cash in the bank, they can start building and applying to grant-making trusts for the remainder of the capital costs.
How are Access Diagnostic Tests helping the charity
• Financially with donations of cash
• Donating raffle prizes for fundraising events
• We are selling a fundraising East Coast Hospice Stethoscope Valuemed our medical supplies website and also through our Amazon shop
• Sharing and promoting fundraising events on social media and at networking events
• Advising on website development & speed
• Supporting fundraising events
• Encouraging our employees to become involved with the charity and to help spread the word
We believe it is vitally important to treat our employees fairly
• As company directors, we believe it is important to treat our employees fairly, and in a way that we would wish to be treated ourselves.
• We believe it is our duty to provide a safe, healthy and friendly workplace
• We have a great team at Access Diagnostic Tests, and we want to keep it that way.
• We believe in rewarding hard work and dedication with good pay and good working conditions.
• Our working hours are 8.30-4.30pm because those are the hours that our employees prefer because it means they come to work in daylight and leave work in daylight all year round.
• All employees have 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• All our staff work the number of days that they wish to work
We believe it is important for a company to help look after the environment
How do we as a company minimise our impact on the environment:
• We use our use resources efficiently, making sure all lights and computers are turned off in the office when not in use.
• All our lighting is LED energy-efficient lights
• We recruit from within our local community to minimise on staff commuting
• All our staff including the two directors live within 3 miles or less of our office
• Three members of staff frequently cycle to work and two often walk
• We try to re-use all the boxes that we receive goods in from manufacturers
• We recycle our inkjet printer cartridges in aid of our charity of the year 'The East Coast Hospice Appeal'
• We refill some of our printer cartridges
• We recycle all recyclables through our staff kitchen